What do I mean by "zoomable image?" Take a look:
Click "Start Prezi" and then the forward arrow to zoom in and you'll see what I mean.
How do you make a zoomable image in Prezi?
Note that a video is below the instructions that steps you through the process.
Note that Internet Explorer makes this procedure more difficult than it is in Firefox, Chrome or Safari. Step 8 will not work in Internet Explorer, so use one of these other browsers.
The steps to create your zoomable image are:
- Take pictures of a feature from either multiple distances or using the zoom of your camera to give the same effect.
- Either download those pictures to your computer or upload them to the web.
- Go to prezi.com.
- Log in if you have an account or create one if you don't. Everything shown here can be done with the free account. If you are a teacher or student, be sure to sign up for the education account as it provides more features for free.
- Create a blank Prezi -- I suggest not using a template for this kind of Prezi.
- Delete the title. We'll create our own later.
- Click on the "Insert" button at the top of the edit window.
- Choose "Image."
- If uploading from your computer, hit the "Select files..." button and upload your picture.
- If using photos on the Internet, (from Picasa or Flickr, for example),
- go to the picture in a window or tab separate from your Prezi. Right-click (or control-click) on the picture to bring up a pop-menu. The pop-up menu includes an option to "Copy Image Address" or something similar. The exact wording is different in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, but they all include the option.
- Select that option to copy the image URL.
- Return to your Prezi, still in edit mode, and paste in the URL in the Insert Image box.
- To move the picture, click and drag on the hand in the picture's center.
- To resize, click and drag any corner.
- To rotate, scroll to the corner and grab the round handle that sticks out from the corner.
- Click the pencil icon on the left side of the screen.
- Click on each picture in your series in the order you would like to zoom.
- The pictures will appear along the left side, showing the order. You can click and drag to reorder.
Click the video to see the steps to create a zoomable image in Prezi.